What time is it – chips, donut, ice cream or pizza o’clock? You want to grab that snack because it’s the only thought that won’t budge.Read More
Yoga : Benefits and Types
Yoga : Benefits and Types
Yoga has a 5000 year old history. It is a set of exercises in the form of poses, also known as ASANAS performed with a set of breathing techniques. It is a combination of physical and mental exercises which enhances your life and body. Yoga does not require any kind of equipment and is a very cost effective method to stay healthy. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an old person, you can reap the benefits of yoga.
There are different branches of yoga
- Hatha yoga
- Raja yoga
- Karma yoga
- Bhakti yoga
- Jnana yoga
- Tantra yoga
Modern yoga has shifted roles from the ancient ways of expanding spiritual and mental well-being to more physical energy, stretches, poses and inner peace.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
- Strength: Yoga poses are designed to hold different positions, some of which are physical in nature which strengthens your bone and muscles and therefore provide strength and endurance benefits.
- Flexibility: Yoga stretches your muscles. Every yoga pose helps in increasing the flexibility of the body.
- Cardiovascular benefits: Yoga is a mixture of poses and breathing techniques, which helps a person be mindful of their breathing and help relax. It helps lower your blood pressure and slow heart rate.
- Inner peace: Yoga helps you stay calm and mindful of yourself and your environment. You will feel less stressed and calmer after Yoga.
YOGA ASANAS YOU SHOULD TRY:
- NAUKASANA (BOAT POSE): This asana will help you strengthen your abdominal muscles and tone your belly.
- DHANURASANA (BOW POSE): This asana helps in strengthening your back makes it flexible and also helps in blood circulation.
- BHUJANGASANA (COBRA POSE): This asana will help you in toning your neck, abdomen, shoulders and also strengthens your back.
- ARDHA MATSYENDRASAN (HALF SPINAL POSE): This asana will help your spine be more flexible. It also strengthens your side muscles and tones your abdomen
- KAPALABHATI (SKULL CLEANSING POSE): This asana is designed to burn calories and excess fat. The fast and rhythmic movements strengthen your core and ensure proper circulation in your abdomen.
Modern yoga helps your body and mind stay fit and active. If lifting weights isn’t your cup of tea, then you can practice yoga for a healthy life. Start with basic Yoga asanas and gradually increase your way to harder asanas and remember to breathe.
There are healthy food choices available in the market, but we crave foods that taste better. Are we letting our taste buds rule our food habits?Read More